We opened our doors to fisherman in 2007. It took a lot of hard work and effort to get the Road to the dam. Our first home at the dam for a number of years.
Our popular tented camps for the fisherman, have been a saving grace from the elements many a time. Lots of wonderful family memories and parties had at the Famous Vermeulen Camp ”no 10”.
We also try and keep our tariffs as low as possible, it has taken us over 7 years to get where we are today using only the cash we have, so definitely not a get rich quick scheme.
Unfortunately due to a lot of outside influences, rules need to be inforced, so the following Needs to be considered,
- GATE ENTRY: Free entry to all Residents.
- VISITOR/S TO RESIDENTS:
- There will be no charge to visitor/s visiting Residents
- ERECTION OF TENT CAMPS
- Should visitor/s want to erect any tent/s etc., then only
to erect in the “CAMP” already existing at the costs
given at the ENTRANCE gate.
3.2 No structure other than the PERMANENT structure
to be on Residents property.
- VISITOR/S RENTING PROPERTY FROM RESIDENTS
- Visitor/s will be required to pay FULL ENTRY when
Resident is not on his/her property.
- Residents are liable to paying for Visitor/s making use
of the dam when visiting Resident e.g., GATE ENTRY.
- PARTIES HELD BY RESIDENT/S
- Please inform nieghbours or even better invite them
to the Party/braai and noise to be reduced by 22.30hrs.
- Day visitor/s are required to leave by 20.00hrs unless
arrangement has been made for later at the entry gate.
- ROADS INSIDE RESORT
PLEASE KEEP SPEED LIMIT AT 20Ks PER HR. DUE TO THE
CHILDREN AS WELL AS SPEED HUMPS.
- NO FOUR WHEELERS/SCRAMBLERS ALLOWED AS ONLY
THE SECURITY PERMITTED DUE TO CHECKING ON THE
CUSTOMERS AS WELL AS FENCE PATROL.
- ALL PETS BROUGHT ONTO PROPERTY ARE TO BE KEPT
UNDER SUPERVISION BY OWNERS.
- NO PRIVATE BUSINESS TO BE CARRIED OUT ON THE PREMISES.
- RESIDENTS ARE REQUIRED AFTER LAUNCHING BOAT/S
TO RETURN TRAILER/S TO YOUR PROPERTY SOAS TO
ENABLE THE DAILY/WEEKLY FISHERMAN PLACE/AREA
IN WHICH TO PARK THIER TRAILER/S.
- NO STORING OF BOAT/S OR CARAVAN/S BESIDES THOSE
BELONGING TO THE RESIDENT ON THIER PROPERTY.
THANKING YOU ALL – MANAGEMENT.
N.B. JET SKI/S ARE PROHIBITED ON FLAG BOSHIELO DAM.
Peppy the cat.
Linda and the recently deceased (Timon). Linda is driving force of the camp. Unfortunately She recently had a brain aneurysm and was given no chance to live. But our God is good and She is slowly coming out of her coma and hopefully will be back at work in a year or so
Local noise makers, hehehe and gate keepers.